Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Century = 100 miles in one day... on a bike!


Yes, I'm crazy. Yes, I signed up to train for a 100 mile bike ride. Between Aug - Nov I'll be riding between 40-100+ miles per week. Why? To raise money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

The event I plan to participate in is Solvang's Finest Century Apparently this is a timed event so not only do I have to learn how to ride a bike, I have to ride it fast so I can finish before they close the course.

Wish me luck! If you would like to take up the challenge yourself attend an info meeting with Team In Training

My fundraising information will be posted soon.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

YIKES!!!!!

GOOD LUCK with your training, I'm sure you'll do great :o)

Phil said...

I know you'll have a fun time! Yes, you will do the damn thing!

Joe said...

You know you can just cut a check, right? ;0)

Good luck!