Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Big Team - Little Team

There are over 100 people signed up on our team to participate in America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride on Sunday June 7. This picture is of the attendees for this past Saturday's 25mi ride. We are a big group & this is just about half of us.

To make the rides more manageable the coaches break the team into eight ride groups based on our skills & speed. I am assigned to group 8 as ride support. Last season I was in the 2nd to last group - always pushing myself to improve. Hoping to build my speed, stamina and riding skills. This season I will learn a new discipline - tp ride slowly & confidently.

It was great to see my ride group gain confidence over just one ride. I look forward to watching them improve each week. I already feel a sense of pride knowing that they will make it to the finish line.

No comments: