Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Way I See It... # 259

I'm not a big fan of Starbuck's coffee but I can get behind this one thing. Apparently they have/had a campaign where they print "The Way I See It" quotes on their cups. This one sums up my thoughts pretty well.

The Way I See It #259

“People say, Oh I could never do that! But when you meet cancer patients you understand the bravery and spirit those people show each and every day. Their struggles motivate and inspire you to test the limits of your endurance and to cross that finish line. You’ll be surprised by what you can do.

-John Kellenyi,eight time marathoner and leading fund raiser with the leukemia and lymphoma Society’s Team in Training.


When we finished El Tour de Tucson in November we agreed to take a year off. Then I learned my friends dad died of cancer, my first TNT mentor died of cancer, a few more friends were diagnosed with cancer. How could I sit on the sidelines when I can do something.

So I'm on the spring cycle team, helping participants exceed their own expectations of what they can do physically and cheering them on as they raise funds to find a cure for cancer.

Consider the challenge join a TEAM. Information meetings going on now.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Good job on the update and on conquering cancer!