Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pardon the Interruption

Well it's been a busy & difficult few weeks. I apologize for the delays.

First I traveled north for a few weddings in one weekend. I hoped to get a ride in the altitude to work my lungs. Mother Nature had other plans.

I returned home with the stomach Flu on Monday & on Friday had to put down my dog, Timm. Saturday's ride will help to clear the cobwebs!

I was ready to roll for our 70 miler. However, "the beast" as she's now been named had other plans. Here's a picture of me explaining my gear issues at SAG stop 1. The cable tension was off and the problem was either caused by or exaggerated a cracked link in my chain. So what should have been an amazing ride of rollers and beautiful scenery through some of my dad's favorite day trip destinations was cut short. I left the ride at mile 45.

The bike has been fixed and I am ready for action this weekend. A new and interesting post to come soon.

Thank you for your patience.

No comments: