Tuesday, May 26, 2009

80 Miles of Smiles, No Tears Here

Thanks to all these amazing women for riding with me. We ride in honor of family & friends who have suffered through blood cancers.On Saturday we had an 80 mile buddy ride that retraced the map from Fall season that pushed me to tears. Re-read the tale here I think I was still in shock when I did the write up since it sounds pretty bland. I remember the ride kicking my a$$ and pushing me to tears. It was awful then. This time it was awesome. I'm stronger & faster than I thought. I've been training more than 1x a week and it has obvious benefits.

The ride was cold at the start but warmed up for the last 30miles. The people were fantastic (see pic above) and made the day in the saddle so fun. The hills were fun, the rollers were fast.

The one bummer of the day was passing an accident on the side of the road & recognizing a few teammates from the fast group. No major injuries so all is well. Apparently a water-bottle caused a wipe-out, a car got rear-ended after stopping to avoid our rider & a 2nd cyclist bailed to the side of the road ditch to avoid the stopped cars. Road rash & shaken spirits were all that was diagnosed after x-rays & examinations.

Be safe out there!

No comments: