Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Aint No Stopping Me Now!


I'm proud of myself today. Thanks to K. Sue (left) & Kieran (right) I accomplished my first non-stop climb to the Junction on Mt. Diablo!

Longtime readers might recall my first attemp. Following that ride we went back on a fairly regular basis - for a few months we went weekly. Each climb was different due to weather, health, day-light, riding companions. Never have I made it without at least one rest stop on the side of the road for air, food, water.

Yesterday something felt different and I knew from the first pedal stoke that I was going to make it all the way. Perhaps it was the semi-bike fit that adjusted my seat. Perhaps it was the perfect weather & excellent company. Perhaps it was just my time.

Confidence on the bike & experience on descents made the trip down the mountain fast & furious. My first ride down many months ago I hit top speeds of 12mph. Last night I cruised along in the 30s! I feel the need for speed.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! Great job!

Margie in Oakland said...

Awesome!!! You sound really ready to take on anything!

Phil said...

way to go cycling machine! yes...the need for more speed!!