Monday, July 23, 2007

Saturday

This past Saturday we had an Honoree Potluck breakfast following my four mile run along the West Shore Trail Check out the topo map to see some of the hills we got to conquor.

Meeting the honorees and hearing their stories of triumph and struggle are reminders of why I'm doing this. I'm not just out there to get in shape. I'm not involved just to meet new people. I do this to help save lives. Just two days before our run 3 year old Harrison lost his battle. As long as we have to suffer through the death of a child, a parent, a friend I will stay connected to this cause.

I hope you will help to find a cure for blood cancers. Please make a donation to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: DONATE TODAY

Last season my team lost honoree Brenda, a 36 year old mother of two young boys. On Saturday her friend shared with us Brenda's last words
Love when you can, it's the best

I agree.

No comments: