Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend Recap

My training run on Saturday was supposed to be 7-9 miles but I wrapped it up at 6 since my legs were beginning to feel some shin splint pains. We ran along the Alameda Creek Watershed - not a very scenic trail (see pic above). Thankfully the sun was not out because 99% of the trail is without an ounce of shade.

After the run there was another honoree potluck where our new team members get to meet our honorees and hear their stories first hand.

I was reminded that the day of our race would be Cole's 5th birthday. His mom, Brandy, is running with my team to celebrate & honor his short life. Cole was a gift to cancer research when he died and Brandy announced that a new drug is now on the market that developed out of the research performed on Cole. You can read about it here.

It was great to see honoree Michael complete his 16 mile training run at age 60.











I also got a big hug from honoree Vanessa & her big sister, Salina.

After the run I crashed on the couch for a much needed 2 hour nap.

Today my legs need a little special attention because I went to a concert Sat night (too much standing & dancing) and did a 5 mile hike on Sunday for a pancake breakfast on Mt. Tam.

It was a busy fun-filled weekend. I hope you got out & enjoyed your gift of life!

No comments: