Thursday, September 6, 2007

How Fast?

Sorry for the long wait to update. August was a hard month for training. Hard to get any training in to be specific. I spent the first two weeks of the month in New Orleans and did no running. Then when I got back it was difficult to return to the routine especially when it's been so darn hot outside. I'm a fair weather runner!

September is a new month and a new commitment to the training. I am glad to report that my leg cramps have gone away and I feel pretty good.

This morning our track workout was a partnered speed trial of two miles. A relay where one of the pair sprints one lap at a time 4x (each of us completes one full mile). Before we ran we had to estimate our time to see how much we really know about our running. Tessa and I guessed we'd finish at 17min - we came in at 15.36 so that's pretty darn good.

Being that I'm clearing up a head cold and there is a lot of smoke in the air due to wildfires my lungs were burning up at the end. I'm still hacking & coughing several hours later. I am glad tomorrow is a day of rest.

Saturday we have a 7-9 mile run. If anything exciting happens I'll be sure to post right quick.

My fundraising efforts are starting to pick back up. Feel free to make a donation if you hate blood cancer!

No comments: