Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I Can Run Again!

At least I could last night. I got the OK from Mama Lisa to run for 20 minutes but I ran the whole lake without sharp pains. I ran slow & steady finishing the 3.2 miles in about 40 minutes. I could tell I hadn't run in awhile because my hips felt tired & my breathing wasn't as easy as I like. I have some work to do before the race to be in my best shape. I really want to beat 3 hours but I rather be healthy & finish feeling good & strong.

This past Saturday Yvette & I were in charge of the mentor led run. We picked the evil course of Lake Merrit. Some poor folks had to run the darn thing 3 times - quite a mental challenge. I stayed put at the water stop & cought some photos of my friends & teammates (click the pic to see full album):
Lake Merrit 9/15 Buddy Run
All in all everyone seemed to have a good time.

I am now at 49% of my fundraising goal If you've been waiting for that perfect time to make a donation NOW is the time. I've got to bring in the big bucks by Oct. 5.

Thanks for stopping by & feel free to leave a comment.

My next post will be on Monday following our long run on Saturday. We are supposed to run 7-9 miles but due to my recent time off I'm not sure what my legs & lungs will allow.

No comments: