Monday, October 22, 2007

What A Weekend

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the weekend. Trying to find the right words to share the story. Until I can think of what to say here are some highlights (mostly in links & pictures.

At Saturday night's pasta party we got to hear honoree Amy Barlett tell the story of her experience as a cancer patient & participant of the Nike and Joan Benoit Samuelson wished us well. That was pretty cool. I remember watching her run in 1984.

The morning of the run began with a team cheer at 6.15AM (Coach is in the yellow hat)


I wished my mentees & friends good luck & a healthy race before heading off to find my pace group's corral...

Ray and I waiting in a dumpster for our group to begin.

By the time we reached the start line it had been at least 20 mins since the gun.

It was right about here that I heard a ruckus, looked up to witness a flyover by the wild parrots of Telegraph Hill WOW!

This is the first hill of the race at Fort Mason. I ran it like a champ, using my arms to help me blow past many others. If this was the only hill on the course I might at had an impressive finish time. I had no idea what was to come...

This is the lead up to THE HILL of 2-3 miles of slight incline to steep grades up up up. But as they say... what goes up, must come down!


Whoa... slow down!


























The end is near only 3 miles to the... My offical time was 3:00:40, a personal record. If you take into account about 10 minutes of waiting for bathroom breaks along the course I improved my time by about 15 minutes. Not bad if you ask me.

It's great to have their support at the end:








And of course the reason for this all: My personal honoree. The first name I yell out before a run & the first one I think of during our moments of silence

Now let the celebration begin...































3 comments:

Jane said...

Sarah you are amazing. I am so proud of you! Congrats on a job well done.

Phil said...

congratulations! great pics!

EM said...

Amazing!!! The course looked like a lot of fun and I really like the shirt you're wearing in the last pic.