Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pumping Up

I received a 45 day free pass to that little known gym that's open all night. Yesterday I was ready to activate the pass and get a little workout routine started. Unfortunately it was a holiday and the on-site manager wasn't authorized for passes longer than 14 days. I was allowed to utilize the gym for the day but must go back & meet with an official official, do the paperwork, listen to their spiel, blah blah blah before I get my limited time all access pass.

I found by way to the bike for a warm-up before heading to the nautilus circuit. Wow my arms are weak & my legs are strong. I could do between 20-30lb reps on the arm equipment but 150lb leg presses were no problem. I continue to be a lower body girl. My plan is to build up my core & arm strength by the end of the 45 days.

Following the weights I had my first experience with the eliptical machine. That is the weirdest most awkward sensation I've ever had in a gym. It felt so unnatural but I stuck with it for 30 minutes. I would do 2-5mins forward & 2-5mins in reverse. Going backwards felt so much easier & more natural. I really had to concentrate on that thing. But wow what a great sweat!

In addition to the weights & aerobics my goal is to be concientious about stretching. This will be the biggest challenge of them all.

The team season is winding down. We have the final two events in June and then Team "Because We Can" will disband. I hope the new participants found what they were looking for with TNT. I also hope some of them will continue to attend the Tuesday night buddy runs. It's a nice routine to have.

Hopefully this next 45 days will kick-start my weight loss.

No comments: