Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The History of Team Papa

Team Papa is my small groups of friends and family that have joined Team In Training to raise funds for blood cancer research. We ran & ride in homor & memory of my dad, known as Papa to his grand-kids. Our first event was in the spring of 2007 - the team included me and Melanie I. We raised a good chunk of change and I was bitten by the "endurance event bug". Papa was able to cheer me across the first two finish lines before he passed away in March 2008. Since then the team has grown and the fan club too. Here are pics of each season....
At the finish line of The Avenue of the Giants 2007. Raised over $7,500

At the finish line of Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon 2007. Raised $1,875

The Ave 2008 - Running with Lauren toward the finish line.

Solvang's Finest 2008, Team Papa riders raised $16,760

America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride Team Papa riders raised over $8,000

I wonder who will join Team Papa next? Teams now forming near you: http://www.teamintraining.org/

No comments: