Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's Been A While

After a month of ankle injury recovery I decided it was time to dig out the gear, dust off the bike and ride. It's amazing how fast the body can return to sloth! It's also amazing how quickly I felt comfortable on "The Beast".

My ankle didn't hurt to clip in & out of the pedals, phew! My muscles felt strong still, phew! However, my lungs haven't been pushed in over 30 days so that's where I got a good burn. I also haven't been eating/drinking as a rider should so about halfway through the ride my calves started to cramp up.

All in all it was a good 20ish miler with a little up and a little down. Thanks to my ride buddies who held back so I could keep up.

The cobwebs have been cleared and I am a cyclist again.

In case I haven't mentioned it before I am Community Captain for TNT's Fall Cycle Team. I'll be returning to Solvang's Finest, my first century, to see what a year of training will do.

Are you looking for a new challenge? Information Meetings are going on right now for the Fall season. Join Team In Training Ride a century, run or walk a full or half marathon, try a Tri! Change your life while saving another.

No comments: