Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Holstein 100

Long ago it seemed like a good idea to sign up for several century rides before the end of the year. Heck, I was in great shape training for Tahoe. I figured I'd get home & keep up my level of fitness. Well as some of you know I sprained my ankle the night after riding around the lake so my training went from full-tilt to zero. My level of fitness took a flying leap down a steep ravine. I've ridden my bike maybe five times in the last two months.

On Saturday I'm heading to Marin to ride the Holstein 100. I may end up doing a metric century (67mi) or I may end up cutting off at the 35mi route. We'll see what happens. Regardless it will be a beautiful ride & a great challenge.

Thanks to all who've contributed toward my fundraising goal this season. I'm almost half way there! Please consider a donation, any amount goes toward cancer research and patient care. Also, if you get me to the $5,000 mark I have no excuse but to ride the Tour de Tucson.

No comments: