Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Reasons to Ride

Why do I ride? Because I can. Because I know what it's like to watch a loved one endure chemo. Because I've heard too many stories of cancer diagnoses. Because I have lost someone to cancer. I do this because I want to save someone else from that experience. So when people ask me why.... it's to save a life.

Please read on meet my team's honorees... These people inspire me to get on the bike, climb the steep hills, share the stories of families dealing with cancer treatments and ask for your support with a tax deductible donation to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

If you know someone who has been afflicted with a blood-related cancer, I would love to ride in their honor. Please let me know their name(s), relation to you & feel free to share a short bio. These people will inspire me on each training ride and I will wear a bracelet for them on race day.

I will continue to endure until there is a cure.

No comments: