Thursday, June 14, 2007

Some people have wondered why I'm doing this again

Well I've got a reason. Her name is Vanessa (click that link then scroll down to see her pic & read her story). Vanessa's mom, Trish was on my team last season training to run Anchorage - the race is next weekend. Trish brought Vanessa & her sister, Salina, to most of our workouts so I got to know them through the weeks of training. This AM at our track workout I asked Trish is she was ready for her event & this is what she said.
I think of Vanessa's chemo mantra when she didn't want to take meds or was hitting the wall: " I've done this before; I know I can do this - I can do this!"
She used to cry and repeat this to me over and over(age 6) when she just couldn't take another syringe full of medicine.She would finally relax herself enough and just do it. Bless her heart!


So if you need for me to have a reason to train, a reason to ask you for a donation this is it. I run for Vanessa. I run because I can. I run to find a cure for cancer.

No comments: