Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Big Fat Loser



I've been running for just over one year and something we hear in endurance training is "now is not the time to try to lose weight". According to our coaches we need to eat the right foods in the right combinations to fuel our bodies. When I started this in 2007 I dropped 5 lbs right off the bat. I wasn't trying to - it just happened. I was exercising and didn't increase my intake much but learned that I was getting hungrier as the training increased. To keep my fuel tank full I started to add quantity to my meals. So I have a routine of running 3x a week, anywhere from 2-8 miles per run and balanced my eating to maintain my weight for the past year. My muscle tone has changed, my strength and aerobic levels have increased, bummer that the number on the scale holds steady at a number I wish was smaller.

So last Wednesday KK and I decided to challenge each other to be a BIG FAT LOSER! I've been using an online meal & exercise tracker: The Daily Plate to record my eating & workouts. I think the personal challenge & the routine of recording everything I do has helped. I lost 2 lb this week. I'm a big fat loser. Good job, me!

Our challenge is to lose 10% by May 31. I'm on my way.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

GOOD JOB! on losing 2lbs, that's great. I track what I eat when I do Weight Watchers and it really makes a big difference.

Olivia said...

Good going!! Since you wrote out it, I had to take a look at the Daily Plate website and I've been on it all day!!

Anonymous said...

Hey -I read this and started that website last Thursday, and I've already taken off the couple pounds from a a vacation I took the week before. I've always wanted to keep a food journal, but this makes it so easy.
Thanks for the link - Lindsay F.