Thursday, August 28, 2008

What's the Difference?

Pizza and beer are allowed during the training for a century! I hoped there would be something to love about this sport.

The run team coaches are wonderful people and they want the best for their athletes. So they strongly encourage a healthy diet while training. They are so good at their job that most team members are afraid to indulge in a treat that includes processed white flour or fermented fruits or grains.

The cycle team on the other hand... WOW what a difference. After our first 20 mile team ride nobody batted an eye when the table was served multiple beers and cheeseburgers. Last night we had a social at a pizza joint.

I think I can get used to this.

In fundraising news... As of this morning I'm at 40% of my $7,500 goal. Want to help? Please make a donation

2 comments:

Phil said...

now I remembered why I miss the cycle team! happy cycling!

RevRows said...

Oh yes, rowing and ridng appear to have the same nutritional guidelines...cold beer and GOOD FOOD!!! Good for you! Stacey