Monday, May 7, 2007

I did the damn thing!

It took me 3 hr 09 minutes to run 13.1 miles. The course was beautiful. The weather was perfect. I had a blast... until mile 11. You know "the wall"? Well it sure felt like a literal wall to me. I'm too tired to process right now but here are some pictures in summary. YES! My legs are sore sore sore. No! I can't walk well right now. YES I'd do it again - just let me recover first.

Here is my photo gallery

Before: Still happy - before the race.

After:
the face of total exhaustion

4 comments:

Jen said...

You rock! Supa-star! I hope that is some Irish beer-for your muscles of course.

SDCrawford said...

Organic Amber from Eel River Brewery. I think I had one too many but it was gooooood. Thanks for cheering!

Jane said...

Yay! Sarah I am so proud of you! I can't wait to be at the finish line for the next one.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and HAPPY BIRTHDAY you mega-fundraising, marathon running, beer swilling, wonder-woman! Can I buy you a beer? It doesn't have to be a Bud Light, honest.

Cheers!