Thursday, May 10, 2007

Recovering

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the experience to write up a good summary for everyone. Soon... I promise. I'm still a bit achey - been stretching & icing my legs every night. I feel the twinge of shin splints acting up. I need to rest. The recovery calendar suggests running a few miles. I don't think I'm ready yet. All Tuesday night & Wednesday I had horrible stomach cramps. I either ate something bad, caught a bug or maybe I am suffering a bit of dehydration. Tonight my mentor group meets for dinner so those of us who ran can share our experience with those waiting for their event in the next few weeks.

Things I learned:
It is possible to enjoy running 13.1 miles. Ok, it ws fun for the first 11.5 miles.
I'm a little sad my event is over. I've got post race blues.
I will do it again, not for the joy of running but for the joy of supporting The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

I need to get some work done now. Thanks for checking in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay!!! You're an exceptional person Miss S! We love you for it!