Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The Countdown

Five days left. On Saturday we'll head up to the redwoods to run The Ave. 13.1 miles through some of the tallest trees in the world.

Want to know what I'll be experiencing:
Read the course description

I'm excited & I guess I'm a bit nervous since I had a horrible time sleeping last night.

Tomorrow night we have a send off party where I'll pick up my race packet & figure out where I'm going this weekend. Saturday night TNT hosts a pasta party to top off our last few days of carb loading. Sunday morning please keep me in mind as I'll be making my way along the beautiful course. Of course I'll have in mind all the honorees who've inspired me during the past few months. With each step I take I'll be thinking of your family & friends who have had to fight a blood cancer.

Stay tuned for a post race report.

4 comments:

elainepill said...

you will so totally rock. you can definitely do this and you will be so proud of yourself when you are done!

next year, the covered bridges half marathon in vermont, first sunday in june. be there or be square.

Jane said...

I am so proud of you. I so wish I could be there with you. I will be thinking of you, and I can't wait to hear all about it afterward. Go Sarah!

EM said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! Don't forget to watch out for those pesky eels in the river.

Anonymous said...

Sarah C, you rock!!! I did this race a couple of times a LONG time ago (when I was YOUNG!) and it is an incredible course. Can't wait to hear how you do! You go, girl!