Friday, September 12, 2008

A Busy & Quiet Week

During the climb of Papa Bear on Saturday Coach Mark told me this ride was the "come to Jesus" moment in training. It's during this ride that participants realize that the mid-week workouts are the important part of training. Yes, I found Jesus that day. This week has been filled with workouts.

On Monday I went to the gym for some cardio (eliptical) and strength (circuit weights). It was good to get the blood flowing through the muscles after the hard weekend ride.

Tuesday night I rode 15 miles around Alameda. I practiced clipping in & out of the pedals, changing hand positions on the handle bars, pedaling one legged, fighting the winds off the bay.

Thursday night I put in 20 miles along the East Shore of the San Francisco Bay Trail. We rode from Emeryville (Davenport Mini Park) to Point Richmond (Lucrita Edwards Park)

As we finished up the ride last night I realized how lucky I am. Riding along the shore past tidal flats and marsh lands, watching herons fly, dogs playing, listening to the wind, watching the sun set over San Francisco. It was a great reminder to not take my blessings for granted. Here was the view at the end of our ride:

Fundraising news: It's been a very quiet week. Please make some noise & drop some cash in my account. Help me fund a researcher, help me fund the aid to patient families, help me find a cure. Donations of any amount help. Contribute now

Up next: Sunday will include a 35-40 mile ride called Paradise Loop

No comments: