Monday, September 8, 2008

Grrrr-rrrr-rrrr-rah

Tell the whole damn world I finished bear territory.

To those who know local bike rides I finished the Three Bears! Don't I look happy? (that's me on the left)
This was my 3rd ride with the team. It was my first time being clipped into pedals. It was my first time climbing hills. I'm pretty darn proud of myself.

We rode 23+ miles (climbed 1060ft, decended 1096ft) in 95+ heat. I finished in just under 3 hours. My top speed (coasting downhill) was approx. 25mph. My slow speed (climbing Papa Bear) was about 2mph. I learned that I don't like going faster than 20mph on the downs.

It was hard. It was awesome. I'm exhausted but not too sore.

Fundraising update: To date I have 62 donations for a total of $3,995.55 (an average of $64 per donor) - I'm 53% of the way to my personal fundraising goal. Would you like to add to the total? Please make a donation.

Here's the map of our route:

3 comments:

Jen said...

You're a rockstar! This was definitely a challenging ride for sure!

Jen said...

You're a rockstar! It was a challenging ride with long, steady climbs!

Jen said...

Awesome! You're a rockstar! This was indeed a challenging ride, for sure! Long, long steady climbs.