Sunday, September 28, 2008

Day 2... more riding

 Saturday I finished 42+miles so I thought it would be a great idea to join the Sunday Buddy Ride in the east county for another 30+ with climbing.

I thought it was a good idea until we hit the 1000' elevation sign on
Mt Diablo when coach Mike says "yay we are half way there". "Which half?" I ask. "The easy half" he answers. Great. Keep legs moving, it's hot, it's dry. I stop in the shade for a drink and astange man arrives dripping in sweat to report to me that his thermometers report it's anywhere between 95-102.

I climb a little more, I'm exhausted, it's hot and I dismount to walk a bit. While resting again in a tiny patch of shade Coach K Sue comes down the hill looking for me. She gives a little pep talk, I think she "lies" a little bit to get me going. Sure it's flattening out! Sure it's more shady! Sure! Thanks to her I make it to the top, on the bike, pedaling.

This picture is of me during the rest after going 30 miles, the last 6 of which were a climb of 2,200ft in 102 degree heat. I'm smiling because it's all downhill from here.

The things I'll do to help find a cure for cancer!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jen said...

Good job Sarah! You're a rockstar!