Saturday, April 14, 2007

8 Mile

8 Mile is not just a movie starring Eminem! That's how far I ran today. Why am I proud of that? 1) I've been sick all week with congestion, coughing, sneezing, sore throat & inconsistent sleeps. 2) I haven't run since March 18 due to incredibly painful shin splints.

I wasn't sure I should go to the workout today because of the cold & the predicted rain but I figure I could go out for a mile or two & then rest. I just kept kept running & before I knew it I was at the 4mile turnaround. At mile 6 the rain started & kept getting harder & harder. I was a soaked rat by the time I got back to home base.

In an effort to recover & prevent shin splints I just took an ice bath. Whooo hoooo that's cold! It was painful at first but then it started to feel good & refreshing. As I type I can feel the warm fresh blood returning to my tired little legs. Hopefully the ice bath will keep the shin splints to a minimum so I can tackle the "LONG RUN" of 10 miles next weekend.

I've got two weeks left to train.

2 comments:

KateC said...

Wow! That is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations. Mom

RedBullMom said...

EIGHT miles!? That's awesome. I get bored driving eight miles.I need a little of your + attitude!