Wednesday, April 25, 2007

New Commitment

I went to the meeting last night to become a mentor for the summer season marathon team. I'll be assigned a group of 8-12 runners and work with them to achieve their goals (to cross both the race & fundraising finish line).

During this past season my big hurdle was staying healthy & uninjured while running. Raising the money was easy due to the generosity of friends like you. Now that I know I can complete a 1/2 marathon I will have to focus on the challenge of education & fundraising for a second season.

As long as families and friends have to endure the loss of a loved one to blood cancer I will have a commitment to this cause. My season as a participant ends soon and I'll have to shift my focus to help others get through the aches & pains of running and fundraising. If you are interested in joining TNT to train for a marathon let me know. It would be great to have you on my team!

To everyone who has already given so generously, THANK YOU! I may need your help again soon. To all my readers who have yet to give I will count on your support this next season.

No comments: