Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bummer

Coach Al's catchphrase is "Running is all mind over matter. If you don't mind... it don't matter" Unfortunately my body won the battle tonight.

I felt so good after the race on Sunday. Monday I felt better than I usually do after a run. I was so looking forward to kicking a** around the lake tonight. I guess tonight it did matter.

It felt like I was hobbling along the trail on bloody stumps. Each step became more painful than the last. I tried to run faster to get past the pains but my aerobic level isn't up to that speed. I just couldn't do it. I couldn't finish the run. Melanie kindly walked the last 1/3 of the lake with me.

Walking felt good but I didn't get the satisfaction of a good run in tonight. I guess my body needs more time to recover from the long run. I will listen to my body. I will ice. I will rest. I will run again on Thrs. & Sat. & the lake will see me again next week.

I wonder if I should try some different shoes.

1 comment:

KateC said...

I'm so sorry you had a bad day after such an amazing race across the bridge. What you are doing is fantastic, and the pain will go away.
Why not get some great shoes?
Love, Mom