Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Feel the Burn!

Team in Training has lots of great resources. A few weeks ago I mentioned Run University - the education opportunities in back care, equipment, nutrition etc. The chiropractor at Run U offered free strength & stretching workshops to the TnT runners. I love free stuff so I signed up immediately.

Last night was the first of 6 offerings. WOW. I've never been able to touch my toes and she took advantage of my rigid muscles to abuse me. It was amazing. I broke a sweat while stretching! Next we got to play with balls:

I learned that I have no core muscle strength! Did lots of squats, crunches, leg lifts etc. while balancing on the big ball. With feet planted on the ground and back on the ball we did tiny sit-ups. Apparently I was out of line so she moved the ball 1/2 inch and BAM a burn so strong. Oooh, that's what a crunch should feel like.

It was great. I loved it. I want more. I think I want personal training.

Check back tomorrow for an update on my honorees. I realize I've been writing a lot about myself and my experience. I need to keep you posted on the reason I'm running. The next post will bring news of Brenda, Vanessa and Bill (my dad.

No comments: