Thursday, March 1, 2007

Hills!

5AM is still early. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to waking up to run at this hour. Today I began the grueling task of circuit drills. What are circuit drills? Hell. Burning painful hell.

Start with a warm up jog & stretching. Not so bad. Now run a three leaf clover of hills, down & up. Return for 25 2-legged squats, 15 push-ups, 15 crunches, 25 2-legged squats. Run the hills, 15 1-legged squats (each leg), 15 push-ups, 15 "supermans" (lay on belly raise arms & legs off the ground hold for 3 sec & repeat). Run the hills, rinse & repeat 4 times. Phew I'm finished. NO! One "cool down" lap. Ha ha ha, coach is so funny.

By the end of the session the hills felt like
I limp away. I'll let you know how I feel tomorrow. I think I'll appreciate the day of R.I.C.E (rest, ice, compression, elevate).

Saturday is a trail run of 3-5 miles.

No comments: