Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Good Neighbors


According to our coaches the only time you don't run is if there is lightning.

Tuesday is the weekly run around Lake Merritt but as it was pouring rain and there was at least one big clap of thunder I made alternate plans. Thankfully my neighbors have a fully stocked home gym. One email request and my training schedule was saved.

Running on a treadmill is weird. I wasn't sure what my speed should be so I spent most of the first mile adjusting the pace. Also there are no distractions, interesting things to look at or people to talk to so you can only focus on the run.

Things I noticed due to no distractions:
My feet get sore in the first mile and if I push through it the pain goes away.
I can run a faster pace than I thought.
Running in place staring at a wall is boring.

Today the sun is shining, the sky is bright blue and I don't have to go for a run!

Thanks to S&N for allowing me gym access without a membership card. I owe you something... what?

Enjoy your day. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: